Want To Start A Blog? Here’s How!
Maybe you’re someone who wants to learn WordPress because you want to start a blog to write about your hobby. The good news is you don’t have to pay for and build a whole website if you only want a blog. The bad news is that your web address will end with “wordpress.com”. But if you only want a blog for your hobby and not a professional website for your business, you probably won’t mind. And chances are, if you only want to start a blog, that you won’t be bothered that you’ll be missing out on some awesome customisability.
How do you start a blog?
WordPress is a great place to start a blog. You’ve probably heard that there is a difference in wordpress.com and wordpress.org., so if you want to know more about the differences between the two, read here. This article will explain how you can start a blog on wordpress.com, no cost, no fuss. Follow these simple steps to get you started!
1. Go to www.wordpress.com and click on the “Get started” button.
2. Fill out the details and click on “Continue” at the bottom of the form.
3. Choose a web address (also called a domain or URL). Maybe you’d want to use equestriantipsfromlizzy.wordpress.com if you want to write about horses or adkdevblog.wordpress.com if you want to share some inside-developer-info. Pick something that is descriptive of your chosen topic. Ideally, you’d want it to be the same as your site title, but you can change the site title later. For this example, we used demowebsiteexample.wordpress.com. Select the free option that is displayed if you don’t want to pay for a custom domain.
5. Choose a plan. If you want some of the paid features, you can consider choosing one of the paid plans. We suggest choosing the Free plan for now – you can always upgrade later.
6. Assuming you have never previously registered your email address, enter your personal email address and choose a username and password.
7. Congratulations! You now own a website. Click on the “View My Site” button to go to your site.
In our next article, we will discuss how to add blog posts to your new website. Continue reading…